What are we reading this week? Here are our favorite blog posts, stories, and news from the world of education:
- "Sit and get" instruction is seen as less than ideal for our students, so why is it still the most common form of PD for educators? EdSurge did some research and compiled the 5 Things Teachers Want from PD, and How Coaching and Collaboration Can Deliver Them—If Implementation Improves.
- “Am I a transformational leader who inspires individuals and organizations to achieve their highest potential, flourish at work, experience elevating energy and achieve levels of effectiveness difficult to attain otherwise?” - Dr. Maynard Brusman. Jennifer Hogan at The Compelled Educator outlines a 4-step action plan for leaders.
- And for more on leadership, Craig Vroom at Fueling Education points out that you can't fake good leadership and shares tips for being a powerful and transformational leader at your school.
- Nick Provenzano at The Nerdy Teacher recaps his trip to ISTE and the great support he found from the Maker community as an English teacher embracing MakerEd.
- What are micro-credentials and how can they give teachers credit for lifelong learning? District Administration covers the states and districts piloting this new method of personalized PD and talks to Jennifer Kabaker of Digital Promise on the most popular micro-credentials.