What are we reading this week? Here are our favorite blog posts, stories, and news from the world of education:
- Every success story includes obstacles, challenges, and most importantly, perseverance! This list of 30 Biographies that Inspire a Growth Mindset from Imagination Soup is a great resource to keep on hand and share with any student that says "I'm not smart enough." (For more, check out our webinar on Fostering a Growth Mindset Culture.)
- Burnout, be gone! The Cool Cat Teacher podcast features an interview with Dave Burgess, author of Teach Like a Pirate, on Ending the School Year with Epic Ideas and Intrigue.
- "The best feedback is gathered, not given." The Innovative Educator shares some proactive strategies and 4 Ideas for Gathering Feedback that Help You Do Your Job Better.
- What's Next? Personalized, Project-Based Learning. Tom Vander Ark explains why and looks at some schools that are adopting next-gen models on Education Week. (Be sure to also explore Tom Vander Ark's collection of teaching resources on Promoting Student Agency.)
- Finding the right instructional materials is one of the most important (and potentially frustrating) parts of the job. Robert Pondiscio at Education Next examines How We Make Teaching Too Hard for Mere Mortals.